Anyone else out there giving keto a go? We’ve heard a lot of people sing its praises, but what is this new diet fad?
The ketogenic diet is a diet that is high in fat and very low in carbs which forces your body to start a process called nutritional ketosis. The traditional breakdown is 70 percent of calories from fats, 25 percent of calories from proteins and 5 percent of calories from carbohydrates. This means your body starts to burn stored fats for energy due to the lack of glucose in the bloodstream.
For many, the keto diet isn’t a long-term plan, but a quick fix for a period of overindulgence, or maybe a way to kick start weight loss motivation. Whatever your reason for considering the keto diet, talking to a licensed nutritionist or health care professional is always the best way to get started.
It’s also super important when starting any new diet plan to have the right nutritional tools. Clean ingredients that support your bodies’ long-term health as well as your short term goals are where Orgain Collagen Peptides and the ketogenic diet meet.
Benefits of Collagen
Collagen, much like the keto diet, is a hot topic in the health and nutrition world. It’s benefits can range from muscle recovery to skin and hair health. How? Your body uses amino acids to build muscle, bone, cartilage, skin, hair, and connective tissue. There are many different types of amino acids, but the type found in collagen are the most abundant in your body thanks to the role they play in forming your connective tissues and skin.
When you consider that your body’s collagen production declines as you age, and that adequate collagen is needed for strong bones, joints, and skin, it seems like this high protein supplement would be a no-brainer.
Match made in low-carb heaven
Keto and collagen–our new favorite dynamic duo! Here’s why you should consider incorporating collagen into your keto diet regimen:
–Orgain Collagen Peptides contain zero carbohydrates and 18 grams of protein in just a single serving. Whether you’re just not a big fan of eating meat or simply looking for ways to gain extra low carb protein, collagen can be a good option.
-Collagen has been shown to promote bone, muscle and joint recovery; an added bonus for those avid gym-goers on the keto-diet
– Collagen has been shown to promote a healthy gut. While cutting out certain foods can help with digestion, adding in a rich source of collagen like collagen peptides can further promote the health of your gut lining and keep it functioning at an optimum level
Easy ways to incorporate collagen into your keto-diet
- Kick off your morning with keto-friendly coffee with collagen! Blend your favorite brew with butter, ghee, coconout oil or simply cream and a half serving of collagen for an out-of-the-gates high protein, high fat option
- Not a coffee drinker? Collagen is odorless and tasteless and an easy addition to your tea, too!
- Consider collagen as the protein dose in your next low-carb keto-friendly smoothie
- Low on time? Add two scoops of Orgain Collagen Peptides to your reusable water bottle, shake, sip, and go!
For more ideas and recipe inspiration on how to get your daily dose of collagen, check out 5 Easy Ways to Give Collagen a Go.