Delicious enough for a special occasion and nutritious/easy enough for every day, this collagen recipe is a new take on a classic!
Collagen Key Lime Bars Recipe
Packed with great nutrition and delicious!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 23g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 54g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted (about 1 cup packed)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw pecans
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 scoops Orgain Collagen Peptides
- ½ cup mashed avocado
- 10 oz. zucchini (about 1 medium)
- ½ cup coconut cream (you can buy canned coconut cream or scrape the top off of full-fat canned coconut milk)
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup raw Turbinado sugar
Make the crust
- Soak pitted dates in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and mix well until a smooth, sticky dough forms.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper in a 9x9 pan. Press the dough evenly into the pan, using the back of a thin metal spatula if helpful. (If dough sticks to spatula, run it under some warm water and continue without drying it).
Make the filling
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Place in freezer overnight and thaw 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Store leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container.
Orgain Clean Nutrition Blog http://blog.orgain.com/