Kid-Friendly Protein Power Brownies
Batter up! Brownie batter, that is! Enjoy a sweet treat and fuel their fun with our Kid-Friendly Protein Power Brownies. Gluten free and made without processed sugars, these chocolatey bites get a nutritional boost from our Orgain Kids Protein Shakes – and did we mention how yummy they are?
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup Orgain Kids Chocolate Protein Shake
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For topping: chocolate avocado icing
- sweetened flaked coconut and cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all dry ingredients – almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, coconut flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda – and mix well.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until batter is silky smooth.
- Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan with coconut oil and pour the brownie batter into the pan.
- Bake the brownies for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the center is set. Use a toothpick or wooden skewer to test for doneness. For cakey brownies, the toothpick should come out clean. For fudgier brownies, the toothpick will have a few crumbs on it.
- Let the brownies cool completely and then frost with Chocolate Avocado Icing. Sprinkle with sweetened flaked coconut and cacao nibs and enjoy!