Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Jars
Who doesn’t love lemon and poppy seeds?! This classic combo is often whipped up into a tasty muffin, but we’ve taken it a step further to create delicious, decadent and protein-rich individual desserts. Topped with a swirl of tasty vanilla whipped cream, these little gems are sure to please.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 Weck Jar
- 1/2 cup Orgain Plant Based Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs flax or regular
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oat flour, Orgain Protein Powder, baking powder, sea salt, and poppy seeds.
- In another bowl mix, whisk together almond milk, freshly squeezed lemon juice, vanilla extract, flax eggs (or regular eggs), melted coconut oil, and coconut sugar.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix well.
- Spray the inside of each jar with non-stick cooking spray and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Fill each Weck Jar ¾ full of the lemon poppy batter and bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until the cakes are golden brown.
- For Cream Cheese Icing: Whip together ¾ cup cream cheese or vegan cream cheese with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. Ice cakes to serve!