We’re celebrating National Registered Dietitian Nutritionist’s Day – Wednesday, March 8th – with a spotlight on our in-house RDN, Casey Rovetti, MS, RDN, RYT! Not only is she an authority on the science of Nutrition, but Casey also has the personality and real life experience to translate that science into simple, easily digestible (pun intended) practical health solutions. Get to know Casey… because she is #GOALS.
Casey joined Orgain as our Consumer & Healthcare Support Manager. This position – plus all the initials after her name – means that Casey provides expert responses to consumer questions, credentialed replies to healthcare professionals, informed nutrition education on all things Orgain and professional perspective on our social media content. It’s just all in a day’s work! As if that weren’t enough, Casey’s also a Registered Yoga Teacher with an emphasis on integrative and functional medicine, so we also have her to thank for our weekly yoga practice in the office and the increased flexibility/decreased stress that comes along with it.
Now here’s a super quick (how does she even find the time?!) Q&A with our resident diet pro and good eater extraordinaire:
What’s your favorite Orgain product? My favorite Orgain product is the Plant Based Protein Powder because it is perfect for post-workout replenishment. The blend of plant proteins contributes to a complete amino acid profile and has 4g of BCAAs! Of course I also love that it is Organic so I can rest assured knowing that I am not putting any harmful pesticides, GMOs, or artificial ingredients into my body.
What did you eat today? Monday through Friday I have a pretty busy schedule so eating can be pretty routine, but I find that this regimen is what helps me stay on track even when life gets hectic. My current goal is to build more muscle so I do my best to listen to my hunger cues and eat when my body needs it.
- Pre-workout drink in the morning before HIIT training – beets, coconut water, cacao powder, frozen strawberries
- Post-workout protein shake immediately after – 3 scoops of Orgain Plant Based Protein, 1 scoop Organic Superfoods Powder, ½ cup of frozen blueberries
- Breakfast once I get to the office – 3 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, fruit, roasted sweet potato)
- Lunch is always leftovers from the night before – salmon patty, roasted potatoes, broiled asparagus
- I often snack throughout the day on whatever I have lying around – Orgain Protein Bar/fruit/nuts/veggies/hummus etc.
- I prep dinner over the weekend so my fiancé and I are able to have homemade meals even despite our busy schedules – Organic roasted chicken on top of a homemade Greek Salad with pita and tzatziki
What’s one of your go-to dishes for a homemade dinner? I am a big soup eater and one of my favorite recipes is Italian Sausage, Kale and Lentil Soup:
- Sauté crushed chili peppers in avocado oil to release the flavor
- Add diced carrots, onions, celery, and garlic and sauté.
- Add Organic Italian Sausage (hot or mild) without the casing, top with herbs and fresh ground pepper, and cook until lightly browned.
- Add lentils and organic chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer for roughly 20 minutes.
- Add lacinato kale and a couple splashes of red wine vinegar and simmer another 5 minutes or until kale is tender and enjoy!