Orgain Cranberry Almond Protein Scones
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 804
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 93g
Saturated Fat 34g
Trans Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 18g
Monounsaturated Fat 33g
Total Carbohydrates 338g
Dietary Fiber 10g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/3 cup Orgain Lightly Sweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Zest of one orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend dry ingredients, shortening and butter together until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add most of the milk. With a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, while adding the rest of the milk. Do not over mix!
- Add dried fruit and orange zest. Fold to incorporate.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, scoop the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Make the glaze: mix all ingredients until combined.
- Let scones cool and drizzle with glaze.
*To make this Gluten Free
- Follow the recipe above, except replace white flour with your favorite blend of all-purpose gf flour, and add 1 extra tsp. of baking powder.
Orgain Clean Nutrition Blog http://blog.orgain.com/