Orgain Protein Butternut Squash Bisque
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 6g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 20g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 butternut squash (2 1/2 - 3 lbs.)
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 heaping scoops Orgain Sweet Vanilla Bean Protein Powder
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. fresh sage
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- Dash paprika
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 - 1 cup Orgain Lightly Sweetened Vanilla Almond Milk or coconut milk
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Dice the onion and sauté in oil on low heat until soft.
- Chop the squash into one-inch pieces and add to the pan.
- Add the apple, pear, chicken stock, protein powder and spices.
- Simmer until squash is soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- In batches, puree until mostly smooth. Return to pan.
- Add almond/coconut milk and heat before serving.
Orgain Clean Nutrition Blog http://blog.orgain.com/