Overnight Proats With Roasted Strawberries
No boring breakfasts allowed! Give your oatmeal routine a springtime refresh with our Overnight Proats with Roasted Strawberries recipe! Roasting these sweet springtime gems helps to concentrate and amplify their natural flavor, making them the perfect tasty topper for protein-rich overnight oats.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Orgain Vegan Organic Vanilla Nutrition Shake
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- roasted strawberries (recipe below)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Remove the stems from ½ – ¾ cup of strawberries and slice the berries in half.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, lay out the sliced strawberries and sprinkle them with 1 – 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, depending on the sweetness of your berries.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until the strawberries are very juicy and tender.
- Refrigerate roasted strawberries until you’re ready to top the Proats.
- In a mason jar, combine all ingredients except for roasted strawberries.
- Mix very well with a spoon and cover.
- Refrigerate the proats overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, top the proats with the roasted strawberries. Heat for 1 minute in the microwave if desired and embrace the day!