Protein Veggie Burgers Recipe
Plant based eaters rejoice! Enjoy your next cookout just as much as carnivorous friends with these delicious and protein packed veggie burgers! Perfectly seasoned and with a nice kick of heat from tasty poblano pepper, these patties aren’t your run-of-the-mill veggie burgers.
Servings: 8 veggie burgers
- 2 small cooked sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 cup black beans rinsed & drained
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces chopped fine
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup red onions diced
- 1 poblano pepper diced
- 2 scoops Orgain Unsweetened Plant Based Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
To assemble the burger:
- 8 burger buns
- leafy green lettuce
- sliced tomato
- red onion
- vegan cheese
- vegan mayo or spread
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the red onions and poblano peppers in a tablespoon of avocado oil until they are soft and the onions are translucent. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash together the sweet potatoes, black beans, quinoa and walnuts. Add in the cooked pepper and onion along with the unsweetened protein powder and spices and stir until completely combined.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside. Spray a ½ cup measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray and gently scoop the veggie mixture into mounds on the sheet pan. Use your hands to gently flatten and shape the mixture into a patty. Continue until all patties are formed and then place the sheet pan into the freezer for 10 – 15 minutes (this helps the patties stick together when you cook them!).
- When the patties have chilled, heat another tablespoon of avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the patties and cook for 4 minutes on each side (try not to disturb the patties as they cook so that they maintain their shape!).
- Assemble veggie burgers and enjoy!