Protein Waffle Pops for Labor Day Weekend
Packed with protein and clean ingredients, these Waffle Pops will leave you feeling the good kind of full and ready to tackle the long weekend! Cheers to you!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup Orgain Vanilla Plant Based Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 100% dark chocolate bar
- Optional toppings: freeze dried strawberries (crush), coconut shreds, chopped pistachios
- First, heat up the waffle maker.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly whisk all the wet ingredients.
- Merge the wet ingredients in the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk until ingredients are fully combined!
- Now you’re ready to make those waffles! Spray the waffle maker with cooking spray (we used coconut oil spray).
- Pour ½ cup of waffle batter onto the waffle maker and close the top.
- Each waffle should take about 8 minutes.
- Repeat the process until all the waffle batter is gone, making three circular waffles.
- Cut the waffle circles in 4 different triangles and stick a popsicle stick in the round side of the waffle.
- Melt the whole chocolate bar on medium-high heat. Make sure you are consistently moving the chocolate around so it doesn’t burn.
- Dip the waffle pops in the melted chocolate and sprinkle with toppings! We suggest using a drying rack on top of a cookie sheet to allow melted chocolate to drip through.
- Cool down in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes and serve!