Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins with Vegan Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
It’s that time of year! Pumpkin season! It’s a shame pumpkin is forgotten most of the year as I am a huge fan of adding it to everything from pancakes and waffles to soups and salads. But I have to say, these new pumpkin muffins might have just topped them all! The great thing about cooking with pumpkin is you are almost sure to end up with a recipe that's soft and fluffy. And these did not disappoint. And I added a little some thing extra. My all time favorite icing is cream cheese frosting so I whipped up a new recipe that’s dairy free and just as delicious! These low carb, sugar free nutritious muffins are a treat the whole fam will love. Enjoy!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1859
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 213g
Saturated Fat 68g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 52g
Monounsaturated Fat 81g
Total Carbohydrates 530g
Dietary Fiber 17g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pure pumpkin purée (cans are easily found at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 serving (2 Scoops) Organic Plant Based Protein Powder - Vanilla
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Stevia OR 1/5 cup erythritol
- 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup Lily's sugar free chocolate chips
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese (Daiya or Kite Hill are great options)
- 1/2 cup unsalted Earth Balance, softened
- 1/3 cup Confectioners Swerve or powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs until fully blended. Mix in the other liquids, then add remaining ingredients.
- Fill muffin tin with the mixture (I filled them almost to the top).
- Bake for approx 30 minutes or until the edges start to brown. If you cook with erythritol they come out of the oven looking more brown but turn more orange after they’ve cooled!
- For the icing (optional) - combine the cream cheese & Earth Balanace in a medium bowl with an electric mixer or blend with a spoon until smooth.
- Add powdered erythritol and mix until fully blended.
- Stir in the vanilla and mix again.
- Makes about 2 cups.
Orgain Clean Nutrition Blog http://blog.orgain.com/