5 of my favorite leg exercises to add to your next workout! If you are new to strength training, please do not start immediately stacking on the weight! The key to beginning a new program is to start out small and work on building a foundation and strengthening your tendons and ligaments before putting on any heavy weight. Start with higher reps and low weight. You may even need to go weight free to start with and that’s okay! You will continue to build overtime, I promise, but you don’t want to overdo it and end up injuring yourself before you’ve even really begun! I like to start my week with a heavy leg day and then focus on these higher rep, low weight combos for my second leg day.
- Barbell Back Squat, 15-20 reps
- Romanian Deadlift with Barbell, 15-20 reps
- Barbell Hip Thrust, 15 reps
- Hamstring Curl on Cable Machine, 10-15 reps on each leg
- Sumo Landmine Squat, 15-20 reps
- Perform each set 3-4 times.