Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Searching the interwebs for a plant-based version of everyone’s favorite cookie?! Look no further! Our team has whipped up a positively delicious plant-based recipe for this classic treat that’s got an extra little somethin’ to sweeten the deal even more – Orgain organic protein! Have your vegan cookies and eat them, too!
Servings: 2 dozen cookies
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup Orgain Organic Vanilla Plant Based Powder
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine the almond flour, Orgain protein powder, arrowroot powder, cream of tartar, baking powder and sea salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, almond butter, coconut milk, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and then fold the chocolate chips into the dough. The dough texture shouldn’t be dry. If it is, add one more tablespoon of coconut milk to the mixture.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and use a tablespoon to scoop the cookie dough onto the sheet pan. Give the cookies a gentle pat to flatten them out a bit.
- Bake the cookies for 10 – 12 minutes or until they golden brown on the bottom and crispy on the edges.
- Let the cookies rest for 2 – 3 minutes on the pan and then gently transfer them to a wire cooling rack. Cool completely before enjoying!