Vegan, Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
Servings: 10 slices
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 6 tbsp cold water
- 2 cups rolled oats + 1/2 cup divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 heaping scoops Orgain Vanilla Bean Protein Powder
- 3 very ripe bananas
- t tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix ground flaxseed with cold water in small bowl. Stir to combine and place in fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups rolled oats to a food processor and pulse until a fine flour forms.
- Add oat flour, remaining ½ cup rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla protein powder to a bowl and mix.
- In a separate large bowl, mash bananas and add the remaining ingredients, including the flax “egg” to the bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, stirring as you do so, until batter is fully mixed.
- Pour into a greased or parchment-lined loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!