Vegan Mac N’ Cheeze
Is there anything better than creamy, dreamy mac and cheese? How about Vegan Mac and Cheeze?! We gave this classic comfort food a vegan makeover with plant based ingredients that deliver all the amazing flavor but without any dairy! Our unsweetened Almond Milk gives an added kick of protein power to this tasty and satisfying dairy free dish.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb pasta
- 2 medium-sized carrots peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup cashews soaked in warm water for 20-25 minutes
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted vegan butter substitute (we love Earth Balance)
- 1 tsp coconut vinegar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Orgain Protein Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the diced carrots on a baking sheet and drizzle with the cooking oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until completely tender. Soak the cashews while the carrots roast.
- Drain the cashews after 20 – 25 minutes of soaking and then combine them with roasted carrots, nutritional yeast, melted vegan butter substitute, coconut oil, onion powder, Orgain Almond Milk, water, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process all ingredients until completely smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the packaging.
- Return the cooked pasta to the pot and top with the “cheese” sauce. Stir so that the sauce evenly coats the pasta, season to taste again with salt and pepper and enjoy served alongside steamed veggies!