Gluten-Free Almond Joy Waffles
- 1 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup Orgain Chocolate Fudge Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 eggs (or flax eggs for vegan option)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Optional toppings: Whipped coconut cream, sliced almonds, chocolate sauce, pure maple syrup, toasted unsweetened coconut shreds
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until completely incorporated.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, coconut oil, almond butter, almond extract and almond milk and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until smooth.
- Cook 1/3 – 2/3 cup batter at a time (depending on waffle iron size) in a pre-heated and greased waffle iron.
- Top with desired toppings.