Gluten Free Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins
Gluten Free Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins are a breakfast triple threat! Packed with protein from our Orgain RTD Kids’ Shake, GF whole grain oats, and no processed sugars, these muffins are a well-balanced breakfast for growing kiddos AND adults who need fuel to tackle the day.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Orgain Kids RTD Vanilla Shake
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp melted Earth Balance or coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together unsweetened applesauce, Orgain Vanilla Kid’s Shake, egg, melted Earth Balance and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix coconut sugar, almond flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon and sea salt until combined.
- Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture and then stir in the dried cranberries and walnuts.
- Fill the lined muffin cups about ¾ full with the batter. Bake for 13 – 15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.