Grilled Stone Fruit with Vanilla Greek Yogurt Drizzle
Happy #BarbecueMonth! We’re celebrating with a grilled treat that’s a perfect dessert for your spring grilling get togethers. Seasonal stone fruit gets even sweeter after a few minutes on the grill and with the addition of a protein-packed vanilla yogurt drizzle. Cook up this recipe with whatever fresh fruits look ripe and tasty at your local market – peaches, nectarines, plums and apricots are all delicious options!
- 4 ripe pieces 4 ripe pieces of stone fruit, halved and pitted (peaches, plums, and nectarines all work great for this dish!)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Orgain Organic Nutrition Shake (vegan or whey-based)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- mint leaves for garnish
- Before grilling fruit, be sure to give your grill a thorough clean! Scrape it down well and burn off any residue.
- Set the grill heat to medium and prep the fruit by brushing it lightly on both sides with olive oil.
- When the grill is ready, place the fruit cut side down for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4 -5 minutes on the other side until the fruit is tender but still holds its shape.
- Transfer the grilled fruit to a platter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the greek yogurt, Orgain shake, vanilla and maple syrup and then drizzle over the fruit, serving any extra sauce on the side.
- Garnish with mint to serve!