Low Carb Raspberry Crumble Bar
Servings: 12 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup Orgain Vanilla Plant Based Protein Powder
- 2 TBS coconut oil melted
- 2 TBS unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 cups frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 2 TBS maple syrup
- 1 TBS chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined and slightly crumbling.
- Distribute mixture over the parchment paper, pressing down firmly to achieve an even layer. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch. Set aside.
- While the crust is baking, make the raspberry jam filling by combining the raspberries, maple syrup, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Heat until simmering, and allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes, until bubbling and thick on the edges. Stir in the chia seeds and allow to sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile, make the crumble by combining the almonds, coconut, coconut sugar, and coconut oil in a blender. Pulse until roughly chopped and set aside.
- Once the crust has cooled slightly and the jam has thickened, spread the jam filling over the crust. Top with the crumble.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.