Women work hard and Moms take that to the next level. Whether at home, at the office, or juggling both, ‘having it all’ is a tall order and sometimes a seemingly impossible one! Daily stressors, family schedules, not-so-good-for-us convenience foods, and lack of sleep can all take their toll, resulting in premature aging, digestive issues, irritability, and general feelings of imbalance. However, a few simple adjustments in favor of quality nutrition can have a big impact on women’s health at every stage of life. Proper nutrition can give you the energy and clarity to focus on what you care about most. In fact, we can think of at least five ways to celebrate Mom with quality nutrition.
1. Power those power moves. Superfoods are blowing up our Instagram feeds and taking over menus right now for good reason! Studies show consuming nutrient dense superfoods high in antioxidants can help slow the effects of aging, fight disease and cancer, and boost the immune system. Thankfully, getting all these superfoods onto one plate or into one glass is pretty easy with Orgain Organic Superfoods Powder. Treat Mom (or yourself) to turmeric superfood popsicles, veggie hummus dip, or this creamy green ginger smoothie.
2. Give glow. Collagen is something our bodies produce to keep skin elastic, hair and nails strong, and our stomach lining intact. Around the age of 30, the human body produces less collagen. And incorporating collagen peptides is helpful in easing the effects of aging. Try this collagen and coconut smoothie, which is full of hydrating coconut water, satiating protein, and healthy fats and unflavored Orgain Grass-Fed Pasture Raised Collagen Peptides to make her feel as great as it tastes.
3. Build her strength. No matter where you are in life, we all need protein. As the primary building block responsible for gaining, repairing, and recovering muscles and other tissue, protein is queen. Not getting enough can result in feeling foggy, cranky, sore, and make it difficult to maintain a healthy weight. Get picky with your protein and stick to organic plant based protein or grass fed whey, and high-quality ingredients without additives, sugar, or weird flavorings. Sound familiar? Orgain’s got you covered with plenty of clean protein options.
4. Convenience is a gift. Moms know better than anyone that convenience can mean the difference between self-care and self-sacrifice. Getting enough sleep can be difficult when you have a lot on your mind or a crying baby to comfort into the wee hours of the night. And while getting a solid 7 to 8 hours of beauty sleep a night is something to aim for, there are chapters in life when it just doesn’t happen. Having convenient, healthy foods like Orgain organic protein powder, Simple Bars, and ready to drink complete nutrition shakes on hand makes eating healthier easier, and who doesn’t love easy?
5. Feed that focus. Hydration is key to keeping headaches and brain fog at bay while also making sure the body has enough water for optimal function. This Superfoods coconut water is a refreshing way to keep the body happy and humming along. Be sure to drink plenty of water before reaching for another jolt of caffeine. As a diuretic, caffeine depletes the body of water, resulting in fatigue. You’d be surprised how energizing a glass of water can be when you’re dehydrated!